top of page

Bramley Care Complaints Procedure

We welcome feedback and comments from our customers as this helps us improve our service. We are committed to maintaining high standards, but from time to time we understand that customers and their representatives may wish to make a complaint.


If you do wish to make a complaint, we ask you to follow these procedures:

1. General

  1. 1.1  Please note that complaints can be made either orally or in writing by phone, text, letter, in meetings or in person. Please do direct your complaint to the person stated in the steps below so that we can be sure we deal with it appropriately.

  2. 1.2  You may raise concerns about all aspects of the operation of the business and the care provided. Please note that if your complaint raises safeguarding issues then we will need to follow our safeguarding procedures and notify the local authority and CQC.

  3. 1.3  If you wish to make an anonymous complaint, we will not be able to acknowledge it or involve you in the investigation process but we will follow the complaints procedure as far as possible.

  4. 1.4  You may feel that you wish to be supported in making a complaint, in which case we suggest you ask a friend or relative to assist you. Please do not ask one of our staff members as they will not be independent.

  5. 1.5  If you would like support, but don’t know who to ask, you could contact the Age UK Advice Line on 0800 055 6112.

2. Informal Complaints

  1. 2.1  These are day to day complaints, which can usually be resolved relatively simply.

  2. 2.2  You should direct the complaint in the first instance to the manager of senior person in charge.

  3. 2.3  This person will discuss the matter with you and try and resolve the problem there and then. Details of the complaint will be noted.

  4. 2.4  If it is not possible to resolve the complaint, you will be invited to follow our Formal Complaints procedure.

3. Formal Complaints

  1. 3.1  These complaints are usually of a more serious nature that we are unable to resolve by the informal procedure detailed above.

  2. 3.2  All Formal Complaints should be addressed to the Manager.

  3. 3.3  On receipt of a Formal Complaint the Manager will:

    1. a)  acknowledge receipt of the complaint promptly and within 24 hours of receipt.

    2. b)  advise you in writing of the action that will be taken to investigate and resolve the complaint.


c) conduct an investigation into the matters surrounding the complaint and try to find a satisfactory solution. If the complaint relates to the Manager then a director will investigate the matter to ensure independence is maintained. If the complaint relates to an issue regarding another organisation we will work with the other organisation to resolve the complaint or, if appropriate, refer it for investigation by their sector regulator or local authority safeguarding team.

  1. d)  keep you regularly updated on the progress of the investigation.

  2. e)  inform you in writing and/or at a meeting of the outcome. This will usually provide you with a resolution, within 28 days of receipt of the complaint unless the complaint relates to a time-sensitive or especially complex matter, in which case you will be informed of the likely timescale for resolution. The outcome will include a full explanation of

    the investigative process, outcome and action we will take (if any).

3.4 Subject to any legal requirements to the contrary we will take steps to keep details of the complaint and who it relates to confidential. We will record details of the complaint in our complaints register and where required inform CQC and the local authority safeguarding team.

4. Further Action

4.1 If the matter still remains unresolved or if you are unhappy with the outcome, you may escalate your complaint to Richard Wagner (director) who will attempt to find a solution to the problem and bring the matter to a conclusion.

5. Right to take Complaint to the Care Quality Commission /Social Services

5.1 If you still feel that the matter remains unresolved you may wish to take your complaint to any of the following:

  1. a)  Care Quality Commission (CQC), National Correspondence, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4PA Tel: 03000 616161. The CQC is the sector regulator and can investigate alleged breaches of regulations applicable to care homes.

  2. b)  Health Service Ombudsman ( 0345 015 4033/

  3. c)  The local authority or CCG who fund your care (only applicable if the customer is not privately funded).

6. Review

6.1 We review complaints received over a twelve month period to see whether anything can be learnt or if any procedures or practices need to be reviewed in the light of them.

bottom of page